Thursday , 17 August 2017
Home / Business News / Vocational training FCCI to assist CVT in training manpower

Vocational training FCCI to assist CVT in training manpower

FAISALABAD: Faisalabad Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FCCI) will make efforts to set up at least 10 to 15 clusters under the Cooperative Vocational Training (CVT) programme in order to overcome the shortage of skilled workforce with the help of GIZ, said FCCI Acting President Rana Sikandar Azam.

Addressing an awareness session on CVT, he said that trained manpower is necessary to improve the quality of products in addition to giving a quantum jump to production. He expressed satisfaction over CVT’s model and said that under this programme, workers will get 80% practical experience during their job and the remaining 20% will be theory.

He appreciated the efforts of GIZ for the training of skilled industrial workers but said that Faisalabad has also emerged as a major business center of the country and it needs skilled persons for marketing and salesmanship.

He said that there is acute shortage of skilled salesmen who are getting salary from Rs20,000 to Rs50,000 according to experience and their skills. However, there is no proper institution for their training and hence the GIZ should look into this aspect, he added.

According to FCCI VP Engineer Ahmad Hasan, Faisalabad is earning billions for Pakistan but it has been totally ignored in the policymaking process. It is due to this that the industrial sector is facing continuous crisis whereas the exports are also declining every year.

He added that the four major universities of Faisalabad have thousands of enrolment and on the completion of their degree programme, graduates will have to face the problem of unemployment. On the other hand, the industrial sector is facing shortage of skilled workers, he added.

Continuing, he said that Pakistan is getting $20 billion dollars per annum from foreign remittances sent by expatriates. “Educating these expats could mean almost doubling this income within a very short span of few years.”

courtesy : Express Tribune

Comments

comments

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons