FAISALABAD: About 137 people including 80 children were rushed to hospital when they fell ill after consuming toxic milk from a shop at Muradabad on Sunday.
According to police, the shop owner gave out free milk-soda bottles to customers as part of its inauguration. After drinking the milk 137 people including 80 children were rushed to the Allied Hospital and General Hospital.
District administration has sealed the factory while the shop owner and soda factory owner have been arrested, DCO Salman Ghani said.
Samples of the milk and soda have been sent to the laboratory for tests, he added.
At least 67 patients are still admitted at the hospital while others have been discharged.
Courtesy : TheNews