Templates by BIGtheme NET
Home » General » Pakistan condemns killing of 12-year-old Kashmiri boy in IoK
Pakistan condemns killing of 12-year-old Kashmiri boy in IoK

Pakistan condemns killing of 12-year-old Kashmiri boy in IoK

Pakistan on Sunday condemned the killing of a 12-year-old boy during a violent protest in Indian occupied Kashmir (IoK) last week.

“We strongly condemn the brutal killing of 12-year-old Kashmiri boy by India and offer condolences to family members,” Mohammed Nafees Zakaria, spokesperson of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, tweeted.

Boy’s killing sparks fresh clashes, curfew in occupied Kashmir

He further added that, “Junaid Ahmad’s murder worst form of India’s state terrorism! This culture of impunity must end now. International community urged to intervene.”

On Saturday, Indian occupied Kashmir’s main city came under curfew after thousands clashed with government forces during the funeral of boy killed in protests, police said.

Police and paramilitary troops fired tear gas, pellets and live rounds into the air to disperse the funeral procession of the 12-year-old as his body was carried to Srinagar’s “Martyr’s Graveyard”, a police officer told AFP on condition of anonymity as he was not authorised to speak to the media.

Residents said the boy was sprayed with pellets in the lawn outside his home, but police say he was part of anti-India protests that took place Friday.

“We are taking all possible measures so that the protests don’t spread to other areas,” the officer said, referring to the curfew. The angry mourners were shouting “We want freedom” and “Go Indian, go back” during the procession.

Indian tyranny at its peak in held-Kashmir: Gen Raheel

More than 50 people were injured during Friday’s protests in the restive Himalayan region, which has been roiled by deadly violence for nearly four months.

At least 90 people, most of them young protesters, have been killed and more than 12,000 injured in clashes with Indian security forces.

Thousands more have been arrested since the unrest began on July 8, when a popular militant leader was killed in a gunfight with soldiers.

Since then shops, schools and most banks have remained shut and authorities have suspended mobile phone internet services.

Courtesy ” Express Tribune



Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Google Plus
Share On Linkdin
Contact us
Please Like Facebook Fan Page
By Liking facebook Page you are Updated about Latest Videos & News