Templates by BIGtheme NET
Home » General » Real-life ‘Fault in Our Stars’ couple dies only days apart
Real-life 'Fault in Our Stars' couple dies only days apart

Real-life ‘Fault in Our Stars’ couple dies only days apart

The real-life “Fault in Our Stars” couple has died only five days apart.

Katie and Dalton fought long battles against Cystic Fibrosis. Katie, 26, died Thursday and Dalton, 25, died last Saturday. Afraid that Dalton would pass on an infection to his wife Katie, doctors had forced them to live apart, however, the 26-year-old passed away on Thursday, only days after her husband’s death.

“Early this morning, she gained her wish of being at home, in her bed, surrounded by her mom, dad, brother and her dogs, dying peacefully, away from the hospital, tubes, IVs,” Katie’s mother, Debra Donovan, wrote on Facebook.

Real-life Fault in Our Stars husband dies at 25

“I know Dalton was waiting with open arms, as well as both her grandmothers and a host of family and friends that have gone before her.”

Paying tribute to her daughter, Donovan wrote on the couple’s Facebook page, “We were given a great gift, we knew her time was short and she was able to do a few things that she wanted, and I am grateful for that.”

“If there is something you want to do, don’t wait. Life is short, love as hard as you can.”

Katie, who had cystic fibrosis, was in hospice in Flemingsburg, Kentucky, when her husband passed away. According to Katie’s mother, the couple FaceTimed as Dalton was dying. “She told him that she loved him,” Donovan said. “We don’t know if he heard her.”

French poet Yves Bonnefoy dies ages 93

“He was one of the greatest people I’d ever met and not many people like Dalton come around so you got to get him while you can,” said 26-year-old, Katie. Katie and Dalton met online when they were both 18. However, since Dalton had Burkholderia cepacia, a highly contagious infection for people with cystic fibrosis, Katie was aware that meeting him in person was risky. But Katie still asked Dalton to visit her in Kentucky.

“Dalton fought a long hard battle with cystic fibrosis,” Katie posted on Facebook. “He was a courageous fighter and ‘give up’ wasn’t in his vocabulary.” Dalton had been in the intensive care unit on a ventilator for about two weeks before he died. Katie and Dalton last saw each other on July 16 their fifth wedding anniversary.

This article originally appeared on Mashable.

Courtesy : Express Tribune



Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Google Plus
Share On Linkdin
Contact us
Please Like Facebook Fan Page
By Liking facebook Page you are Updated about Latest Videos & News