Media reports on Monday revealed that some four or five Pakistani nationals had been allegedly kidnapped for ransom by suspected Kurd miscreants near Turkey’s border.
The victims, hailing from Gujranwala and Wazirabad, were travelling to Europe, when they were intercepted and abducted by suspected Kurd miscreants.
Armed kidnappers reportedly subjected the captives to inhuman torture and sent the footage of torture to the relatives of these people. The captors demanded a sum of Rs2 million each for the release of the abducted Pakistani citizens.
The affected families have demanded of the government to recover their relatives from captivity. They expressed their inability to pay huge ransom amount.
The foreign office, while reacting to the news, said that the government was “well aware of the media reports regarding kidnapping of Pakistani young men for ransom” in Turkey.
“The diplomatic missions of Pakistan in Ankara and Istanbul have taken necessary measures to apprise the Turkish authorities, who are extending cooperation,” the foreign office said in its statement.
The foreign office further said that it was are in touch with concerned quarters in Pakistan “to gather further details in the matter with the view to address the issue”.
Courtesy : Dawn News