Muhammad Ali was not only a boxing champion, he was a championship talker.
Following are some quotations from Ali:
* “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.”
* “It´s just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.”
* “Boxing is a lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up.”
* “At home I am a nice guy but I don´t want the world to know.Humble people, I´ve found, don´t get very far.”
* “I´ve wrestled with alligators. I´ve tussled with a whale. I done handcuffed lightning, and throw thunder in jail. You know I´m bad. Just last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I´m so mean, I make medicine sick.”
* “I´m not the greatest. I´m the double greatest. Not only do I knock ´em out, I pick the round. I´m the boldest, the prettiest, the most superior, most scientific, most skillfullest fighter in the ring today.”
* “I know I got it made while the masses of black people are catchin´ hell but as long as they ain´t free, I ain´t free.”
* “I ain´t got no quarrel with them Viet Cong.”
* “I may not talk perfect white talk-type English but I give you wisdom.”
* “If Ali says a mosquito can pull a plow, don´t ask how. Hitch him up!”* “I´m the onliest person that can speak to everybody in the whole world. My name is known in Serbia, Pakistan, Morocco. These are countries that don´t follow the Kentucky Derby.”
* “Sometimes I feel a little sad because I can see how some things I said could upset some people. But I did not deliberately try to hurt anyone. The hype was part of my job, like skipping rope.”
* “Now the things that once were so effortless my strong voice and the quickness of my movements are more difficult. But I get up every day and try to live life to the fullest because each day is a gift from God.
Courtesy : TheNews