NEW DELHI: New Zealand’s batsmen are struggling for answers against India’s bowling attack, Black Caps pace spearhead Trent Boult conceded on Wednesday, before the second ODI in New Delhi.
The Kane Williamson-led side mustered just 190 runs in the opening match in Dharamsala earlier this week, a total which India chased down in just 33.1 overs.
“We are looking to get more runs, as basic as it sounds,” Boult told reporters on the eve of Thursday’s game. “If we could put more runs on (the) board we could offer more scoreboard pressure on a good Indian side.”
He added: “They are a quality side and they are putting a lot of pressure on us at the moment and at the moment we don’t have the answers for their questions.”
Pandya-monium as India cruise to simple win
Debutant medium-pacer Hardik Pandya led an inspired bowling attack on Sunday, rattling New Zealand who slipped to 48 for five and 106 for eight before Tom Latham and Tim Southee gave some respectability to the visitors’ total.
“There are still four matches up for grabs and an opportunity (is there) for us to right a few wrongs and put in a good performance,” said Boult, who expects to play at Delhi’s Feroz Shah Kotla stadium after being rested for the first game.
India’s Raina to miss first ODI against New Zealand
India’s coach Anil Kumble said Pandya’s inclusion had given the starting eleven the “right balance”.
The 23-year-old, who has played 16 T20Is for India, impressed with match figures of 3-31 in seven overs in the first ODI.
“I think he is someone who gives us the right balance, because he not only bowls but he bowls at a pretty decent pace,” said Kumble.
Courtesy : Express Tribune