World-class Test batsman Younis Khan on Sunday confirmed his plans to retire from Test cricket amidst media reports that he may reconsider his plans if the national team still needs him.
“There is no truth to this,” he asserted.
“I have retired by my own wishes, with honour, in the right manner and according to a plan,” Khan said.
— Younis Khan (@iam_younis) April 23, 2017
In the video, the batsman said that his answers during an interview with an Australian news agency were being “turned into a big controversy.”
“I wont go into details about the questions I was asked in the interview, the response I gave and the version that was brought before you,” he said.
“Even if Younis Khan scores a century in every inning of every test against the West Indies, Younis Khan will still retire from Test Cricket,” Khan added, confirming his decision.
Towards the end of the video, Khan asked his fans not to doubt his credibility and pray from him.
He also asked fans to support the Pakistan team, adding, “We have won a Test series in West Indies after a long time.”
The 39-year-old record-breaking cricketer had announced his retirement from international cricket earlier in April.
Courtesy : Dawn News